|Synonyms||2-Methylbenzoic Acid/o-Toluic acid; ortho-toluic acid; 2-Methylbenzoic acid; cadmium bis(2-methylbenzoate); 2-methylbenzoate|
|Boiling Point||258-259 ºC|
|Flash Point||148 ºC|
|Solubility||<0.1 g/100 mL at 19 ºC in water|
1. It is mainly used for the synthesis of pesticide, medicine and organic chemical raw materials.
2. O-methyl benzoic acid is the intermediate of fungicide rutamide, phenoxymetyl ester, oxime metyl ester and herbicide bensulfuron.
3. Used as a pesticide fungicide phosphor amide, spices, vinyl chloride polymerization initiator MBPO, m-cresol, color film developer and other organic synthesis intermediates.
4. Used in organic synthesis intermediates, pesticide industry to produce fungicide phosphoramide, can also be used in spices and film.
5. O-methylbenzoic acid is an important intermediate for the synthesis of many fine chemicals. It is used for the preparation of initiator MBPO, fungicide phosphamide, spices, film, etc.
25kg/ bag, or as customized package.
1 Description of first aid measures
If breathed in, move person into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
In case of skin contact Wash off with soap and plenty of water. In case of eye contact Flush eyes with water as a precaution.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water.
2 Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed
The most important known symptoms and effects are described in the labelling.
1 Precautions for safe handling
Provide appropriate exhaust ventilation at places where dust is formed.
2 Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities Store in cool place
Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
Suitable extinguishing media
Use water spray, alcohol-resistant foam, dry chemical or carbon dioxide.
Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture
Advice for firefighters
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus for firefighting if necessary.
Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures
Avoid dust formation. Avoid breathing vapours, mist or gas.
No special environmental precautions required.
Methods and materials for containment and cleaning up
Sweep up and shovel. Keep in suitable, closed containers for disposal.
CAS number: 118-90-1